The first thing that you need to consider when planning to get solar for your commercial property are the actual tangible benefits that can be experienced by installing solar panels. Commercial Solar panels offer a fantastic addition to any business be it small or large. A few of the amazing benefits of installing solar power have been listed below:
- Significantly reduced energy bills
- Your business’s position as a green energy supporter to all your clients
- Significantly reduced carbon dioxide output resulting in improved carbon accounting figures
- Generation of income from the excess power through feed in tariff
- Stable power supply and reduced cooling overheads during the summer.
The return on investment for any business that chooses solar panels will depend largely on the following factors:
- The initial cost of the solar panels or investment required to install a solar power system.
- The size of the system you are keen on installing and your space permits
- The return you are expecting to receive through the Feed in Tariffsand the potential savings on energy costs over the life of the solar installation.
Factors to consider when getting solar panels for your business
- When considering installing a large scale commercial solar power system, it is recommended that you also consider the aesthetic impact it will have on the surrounding area. Though solar panels are less conspicuous and in your face than wind turbines, solar fields have still provoked very strong opposition by groups concerned over their effect on the aesthetics of the surrounding landscape.
- One of the most crucial things to consider is the ability to obtain planning permission when thinking of installing a solar field for a large scale business, because unlike residential or small-scale commercial installations, all large scale projects require planning approval from the local authorities.
- One of the major issues for most businesses who want to install commercial solar panels is that they first need to address and quantify the potential return on investment. Of course, there is the initial cost of installation versus the consequent lowering of energy bills and greener projected credentials, but you may also be able to sell your excess energy to your electricity provider.
- Whether you have small or large business premises, investing in solar panels can have a number of wide-ranging benefits, particularly if you have a larger available space the installation of solar panels. Solar panels can be placed on any building whether you are on an industrial estate, have an office building in a city or are out in the country on a farm.
In conclusion, going green with solar for your business is a wise decision as long as you have the permitted space available for a big enough system to make a significant impact on your electricity bills. Contact Solar Power Nation today for a free quote on a commercial solar power system to help you start saving big!